Friday, June 06, 2003


Now I remember what summer feels like. A hot one today. I got up early and went to the little herselfís sports day festivities at the elementary school. It was hot and dusty and there was no beer garden. I think we need more parental involvement in this sort of activity. In my day there were more parents than kids at sports day. Today I saw more kids than adults. A sign of the times, I suppose. So what about a beer garden? Get the parents involved.

"Just go do a relay for a sec honey, mommyís just gonna have one more!"

We could bend elbows and talk about all those parenting things Iíd probably have talked about this morning if anyone I knew had shown up. Make it last an hour or two longer so you could have enough time to really work on a few of those cute young moms that always seem to be at these things.

AnyhooÖ The afternoon was filled up with inflating a Slip ën Slide product. A foot pump ruined all of our legs before we realized that just blowing it up the old way worked better. But it has a cool sprinkler effect. Of course NO ADULTS or youíll cause yourself PERMANENT INJURY. Oh well, at least youíll die someday, so it wonít really be permanent. Not like being dead is permanent.

The movie Vanilla Sky gives me the creeps, and itís not just because of Tom. Sorry, itís on TV right now and I think it made me write the previous paragraph.

The "Sea Breeze" is a wonderful summer drink. Vodka, (well duhÖ) grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice. You can play around with the amounts. Itís very forgiving. Some people can drink them all afternoon and still inflate a Slip ën Slide.

Oh, and one more thing Ö use sunscreen if you can. I got a red nose today, and I donít think it was the Sea Breezes. Okay, NOW I remember what summer feels like.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home