Tuesday, June 24, 2003


Aw fuckÖ Today it was the fíing gas company. Along with the new name comes stricter payment terms. By missing a disconection notice I was shut off. By missing the 2:00pm call back time itís $100 to turn it on today. Tomorrow it will be only $50. Plus, I suppose Iíll have to give them a deposit of a couple of months worth of gasÖ about $250. So itís costing me $600 to settle a $300 bill. Iíve had a hydro account for 25 years and have never been shut off before. All the utilities seem to be belt tightening these days. Iím wondering how many people they cut off in a day and if those numbers are increasing. I wonder how much they have on "deposit" from poor folk.

Even my music royalty company wants money. They send me this stupid magazine every month for 20 years, then in this months edition, is a letter pretending to be a royalty cheque (so Iíd open it I suppose) that informs me that itís "Time to renew your subscription to Words & Music". They want ME to pay THEM $15 a year for this. Why donít they divvy up some of that recordable media tax and give EVERYONE a stupid "what Canadian musicians are doing" magazine. As if anyone cares. Maybe it would be good for buisness.

I have had just about enough of this scratching around for a living. The last few times I was in the States, they were begging me to stay. I could be making a living there. If I canít afford the medical insurance here either, what the fuckís the difference? Go for the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home