Thursday, September 11, 2003



9/11 again. I watched a made for TV movie this evening that recalled the events of two years ago. I remember getting a phone call from Jason. He was busy down at the studio editing door slams for the movies. Only that morning was different. All work had stopped and all eyes were on the news. I was still in bed (hey, I work late, okay?) so like a lot of us here in the west, I woke to images of airplanes smacking into buildings. Buildings I felt I knew. That day, like tonightís movie, seemed like one of those Charlton Heston films from when I was a kid.

Jason came to my house after that and we just sat and watched the day unfold on the TV. We saw the planes, again and again. The buildings fell a hundred times. We saw the pentagon on fire. We wondered where the president was. We wondered what was next.

Today it feels in the past, yes, but so does the rest of my life. Things changed that day, and in the two years following. On 9/11 I heard of a group at a local gym that cheered as the planes crashed. Today I heard a group in England praise the magnificent 19. This is going to be with us a long time.

How do we keep from thinking that weíre like one of those chicks in the movies that run around locking the glass doors when the monster is trying to get into the house? Like heís RIGHT THERE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLASS - BETTER SPEND SOME TIME LOCKING THE DOOR! So for my part, Iím going to try to make a whole bunch of money, so I can build a bunker up north somewhere all ready for the end time. That way Iíll last another couple of weeks longer than you lame ass fucks.

And the real winner so far in all of this? BIO TECH. Billions are being thrown at creating antitoxins and antidotes right now. We are building new animals, and harvesting their parts. Amazing things are being discovered. There is work again for us biology types. Maybe weíll find things that work only on certain ethnic types. Like drugs that only protect middle aged white guys. Heh heh.

AnyhooÖ all this does finally seem to belong to the past now. Two years. Thatís not very long, is it? Sleep well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home