Thursday, April 28, 2005

No Notice of Disconnection Part 1

Have I ever said here I hate Shaw Cable? Is that a hate crime? Put me in jail.

My cable was shut off this afternoon. The guide and everything was still there so I knew they had cut me off. Besides it's Thursday, and that's the day that they usualy cut you off (so you can pay friday and have cable on the weekend when deadbeats have their kids over.) Don't ask me how I know this.

Okay, ask me. It's because they shut off my cable LAST MONTH and made me pay them $470. I am caught up. I phoned Customer service to straighten this out. I was on hold for an HOUR before getting a frustrated jerk on the phone. While I was waiting I phoned the automated billing department on my cell phone and was told I owed them $597. I know I owe them $130 for this month, so obviously they've not written down the money I gave them LAST MONTH.

Finaly the frustrated jerk is asking if he can help me. I tell him my cable is out and he checks and tells me I haven't paid my bill, and there's nothing he can do for me. He askes if I'd like to speak to someone in billing. That sounded like a good idea to me right up 'till when he transfered me to "billing" and I got a recording giving me office hours (they were closed) and then a voicemail box where I left a message something like "Closed? But I just waited an hour. The guy just transfered me to a closed office. I was on the phone for an hour." It was a realy whiney voice too.

So now I don't know what to think. I'm not calling customer service again If I have to wait for an HOUR to talk to a jerk that can do nothing for me. I look at the numbers in the phone book. Repair, Customer Service (Ha!), Shaw Internet, something called "Locates", and Administration. I figure my internet is out too, and they'd be less busy. I poke phone buttons untill I get "business internet" who I figure is doing not much on a thursday at 10 pm. This time after only a little bit of shitty music and adfotainment on hold I get another live human.

After a bit of explaining (and some payment history checks) she seems to agree with my ascertion that I do not owe them so much. She says she can turn on my modem and my TV, but I'll have to phone customer service to sort out the problem because she is only in a small branch of internet help, and can't access that other stuff. She puts me on hold for another five minutes, and I stare at the empty screen and listen to another add telling me about the "extreme internet" I could be getting for only an extra $10 a month.

The TV flickers back to life, she comes back on line, and we're done. For today. Check back tomorrow.

SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS SHAW CABLE SUCKS

Ask anyone.

Toodles...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHAW CABLE SUCKS. I'm having it put on a T-Shirt.

Funny AND anoying.

Friday, April 29, 2005 1:10:00 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

Thanks Brain.

Friday, April 29, 2005 1:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long have you been able to post comments on the Wes Bay Blog? This is great.

Friday, April 29, 2005 1:15:00 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

Blog comments have been possible for a while now. Just click on the date of the blog entry you want to comment on, and you're in. Go ahead... no one is looking.

Friday, April 29, 2005 1:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Friday, August 11, 2006 11:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home