Sunday, April 24, 2005

Feeling like a scorched squirrel

A new Pope, a federal government in disgrace, an engagement and impending marriage, the loss of a dear friend, an uncertain housing situation and related massive clean-up, and a total lack of ideas, motivation and money have resulted in my being tardy on the art front.

It's just so hard to concentrate on the frivolous. I feel a bit like this guy.


Electrocuted squirrel


Firstly: The new Pope. "Ratty" is a German. The last Pope was Polish. If there's a god, he really digs irony. (Heh, or not I suppose.) The Cardinals made a quick decision this time as I suppose a lot of this was worked out in advance. The guy before John Paul only lasted a month or so, and it seemed to take quite a bit longer that time. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not a "Popie" or anything, it's just that there’s a billion Christians out there and they scare me a little. It’s good to keep an eye on these people.

The Gomery inquiry: 'Ow do you say? "Tip of zee iceberg?". In my jaded opinion, and I've said it again and again, ACCOUNTABILITY! How can any government expect ethics and responsibility from it's citizenry with all that going on. You're blind if you don't think this is happening at all levels of government, and in the private sector as well. Add up all the money that is "lost" in a decade due to theft arrogance and greed just in Canada alone. Again, my opinion here, but if everyone was truly accountable we probably wouldn't need a federal income tax. You can expect to hear a lot more on this from me in the future. I’m watching it live every day and I'm fucking laughing, but only on the outside.

J and I are getting married. This May we will have been together for 9 years. It's just time to do it we thought. We're trying not to make a big deal of it. I mean, hardly a "white wedding" after almost a decade with her. At least my mother will know how to introduce her now. I only just proposed yesterday. The wedding is in two weeks. Now we can tell everyone about our "whirlwind engagement" of only a fortnight.

RIP "Muffie" one of my favorite kitties. This kind of thing is very hard on me. *Sniff*


Most of the block I live on has been sold to developers. The elderly couple that lived in the house next door for over thirty years moved out. A week or two ago new neighbours moved in. I feel certain these guys are going to show up in an episode of my cartoon "Sharon" if not on an episode of "To serve and Protect". One of the first things these ancient wisened junkies did was drive a Harley into the basement. After 15 minutes of reving, squealing tires, cursing and drinking, the bike is inside. One of the old liquor soaked zombies says "I guess I’ll stand guard tonight."

His buddy says "Do you want my gun?"

Fuck. I'm cleaning up around here and this happens next door. I hear these guys are buddies of the landlord. Can you say "Rent reduction?" How about "peacefull enjoyment" etc.? One of these bastards took a piss in the garden ten feet from us as we were having drinks on the back porch last night. I hate vulgar displays of stupidity and now I have to deal with a house full of T.C.O.T.C.'s RIGHT NEXT DOOR. Double fuck.

To live in exciting times. That was a curse, wasn't it?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Married? You BASTARD! Is that why you havn't been up here lately? I'm keeping the lake house. Bastard.

Friday, April 29, 2005 1:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Friday, August 11, 2006 2:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home