Wednesday, November 24, 2004

TRADE WAR!!


TRADE WAR!!


I hope this isn't going to turn into the old "I'm getting picked on again, so watch me shoot myself in the foot" story. We've been down this road before. america slaps a tax on something we sell, so we slap a tax on something they sell. Only they make Canadian companies pay the tax on the former and we make Canadian consumers pay the tax for the latter. So what's going on this time?

Our southern cousins are taking the tax money they collect from Canadian companies shipping lumber to the states, and giving it to american lumber producers. The World Trade Organization said that it is not legal. america says "fuck you".

I think a LOT of people in Canada (and the rest of the planet) are getting tired of christian america's isolationist and protectionist world view. They are a bully. At least the Jesusland guys that keep winning elections down there are. One of these days TROTW (that's the rest of the world.... probably including you) will stop buying their overpriced and underbuilt products. They don't buy them themselves. Look at the trouble they are having with "outsourcing" and the export of jobs. We shall buy our stereo products directly from Mexico. (And don't listen to 'em when they say that aMERICA ALONE has the know-how.)

We are learning that we should not be so dependant on them, and it's a long and likely expensive road. Keep your chin up when america kicks you in the nards over this issue, and remember that we're only an election away from turning off their water, and taxing the shit out of their pipelines, etc.

...And we're not to weak to do it, just too nice

Finaly... read this. no desire to be 'booed'.

Oh, and don't write me and tell me I should capitaize "america", or "bush". I just don't feel like it today.

But i still like bush.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Saturday, August 12, 2006 1:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home