Thursday, April 24, 2003

Last night I went out to see a show called "Baby Boomer Blues" at the Waterfront Theatre.


I should just get over the fact that I myself am a baby boomer. I was born at the tail end of it. I think people my age were the real first GenX crowd. There were far fewer of us, and all the good jobs had been taken by our older siblings during an economic boom. I was reminded of this by seeing a 650 CISL truck parked outside the theatre. People my age used to refer to that radio station as "650 Senile" because of its then tame 50's playlist. Now it has a tame 60's playlist. I suppose it won't be long 'till LedZep is the "house band" there. Sigh....



I forgot about all this when I went inside, and saw Phillip Tidd's brilliant retro set design. The theatre was filled with some kind of fog that accented an equally wonderful lighting design by Marsha Sibthorpe.



It all looked great, but I had come for the singers. Shari Ulrich, Andy Thoma and Linda Kidder are local legends, and sang like it. I even got a little misty eyed during a few of the more poignant tunes. Great singers. Great set. A great show. On through May 10 Tues-Sat 8:00pm, with a 4:00pm Sunday Matinee at the Waterfront Theatre on Granville Island.


Now I have to go and talk to Yaboo about J-diddys soul. The bidding closes tomorrow, and itís getting expensive. Check out the auction at Matt Frames Brothel 'O Love.



LaterÖ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home